Kayak Course Advanced 1
Bring your kayaking skills to the next level in our advanced course for intermediate kayakers.
In our Advanced Kayak Course 1 we start with where we left off with the 4-day and 5-day beginners course. If you already have a couple day of experience in whitewater kayaking or even participated in one of our beginner courses and are looking for a way to improve your skills - this is the right course for you. The goal is to be able to safely run whitewater grade II on your own.
Schedule for the Advanced Kayak Course 1:
After meeting your instructor he will explain the overall plan, schedule and details of your upcoming course. After that you will be equipped with all the necessary gear.
You can also use your own gear, if you have such.
At the beginning of the course we will choose an easier section as a warm up. This way we can make sure that the skill levels of the participants are matching. After that we will start doing many exercises to improve individual skill levels and work on your weaknesses. Our goal is to give you good control over your kayak on whitewater grade II. With that you will have more confidence on the river and definitely also more fun!
Content of the Advanced Kayak Course 1:
- Repeat and deepen all basic paddle techniques (paddle strokes, braces)
- River reading and current theory
- Repeat and deepen river running skills (catching eddies, ferry gliding)
- Recognizing and avoiding river hazards
- Safety on the river (basic safety and rescue techniques, using a throw bag)
- Edging the boat, using the current
- On demand eskimo roll training session
Goals of the Advanced Kayak Course 1:
- Repeat and deepen all basic techniques
- Being able to paddle whitewater grade II on your own