Kayak Course Advanced 1
Bring your kayaking skills to the next level in our advanced course for intermediate kayakers.
In our Advanced Kayak Course 1 we start with where we left off on the 4-day and 5-day Beginners course. So if you already have the experience of a couple of days in whitewater kayaking or even participated in one of our beginner courses and are looking for a way to improve your skills - then this is the right course for you. The goal is to be able to safely run whitewater grade II on your own.
Schedule for the Advanced Kayak Course 1:
After meeting your instructor he will explain the overall plan, schedule and details for your upcoming course. After that you will be equipped with all the necessary gear.
If you already have your own gear you can use that also of course.
At the beginning of the course we will choose an easier section as a warm up. There we can also make sure that the skill level of all participants are matching with each other. After that we will start doing many exercises to improve individual skill levels and work on your weaknesses. Our goal is to give you good control over your kayak on whitewater grade II. With that you will have more confidence on the river and definetly also more fun!
Content of the Advanced Kayak Course 1:
- Repeat and deppen all basic paddle technquies (paddle strokes, braces)
- River reading and current theory
- Repeat and deepen river running skills (catching eddies, ferry gliding)
- Recognizing and avoiding river hazards
- Safety on the river (basic safety and rescue techniques, throwbaging)
- Edging the boat, using the current
- On demand Eskimo roll training session
Goals of the Advanced Kayak Course 1:
- Repeat and deppen all basic techniques
- Beeing able to paddle whitewater grade II on your own