5-day Kayakweek for Beginners
A whole week of whitewater kayaking with everything you need! Including an eskimo roll training session and a video analysis!Â Â
In this week we have a full program for all sporty beginners. In the 5 course days we have enough time to teach you all the basic techniques for whitewater kayaking on an individual basis.
Schedule of our 5-day Kayak Week on the Salza:
Meeting point for our course is the basecamp Salza in Styria. After meeting your instructor he will explain the overall week, schedule and details for your upcoming days. After that you will be equipped with all the necessary gear.
In every beginners course we always start on flat water for the first day, where we show you the right use of the material, the correct way to exit the boat once it capsized and of course the first basic paddling strokes. After you gained confidence in your kayak, we can move on to the first easy river section.
The Salza offers over 50 kilometers of untouched whitewater and therefore we can choose each day a new section to paddle, depending on our skill level. We will teach you necessary techniques like ferry glides, taking eddies but also to recognize and avoid potential dangers on the river.
A great kayak week including a video analysis and also an eskimo roll training session
The difference to the 4-day course is that we also do an eskimo roll training session (usually on the 3rd day). On the rest of the third day there is also the time to rest a bit from the previous sessions. On the fourth day we will use the video camera for an individual analysis of your skills and also to give you a good personal insight in where you can still improve your paddling techniques.
For this course you do not need previous experience in a kayak, but you should be in a good physical shape to be able to do all 5 days of kayaking in a row. This course is an "all you can get" kayak package in an area with stunning nature.
Content of the 5-day Kayak Week:
- Familiarize with the material
- Correct way of getting in and out of the boat
- Right behaviour after capzise
- Basic paddle technquies (paddle strokes, braces)
- River reading and current theory
- River running skills (catching eddies, ferry gliding)
- Recognizing and avoiding river hazards
- On demand safety on the river (safety and rescue techniques)
- Edging the boat, using the current
- Video Analysis
- Eskimo roll training session
Goals of the 5-day Kayak Week:
- Learning of all basic skills
- Running of easy river sections (grade 1-2)
- Basics of eskimo rolling technquie and practice methods